Monday, October 25, 2010

Birthday Cake on a Stick

Micah turned 2 years old today! We celebrated his birthday yesterday since Colin was home all day.

The day started out with birthday signs (made by Jackson and me) and decorations,





blueberry muffins with birthday candles and scrambled eggs (made by the boys) and pears (a few of Micah's favorites).



Then we opened presents and played until it was time to go to church.




We enjoyed a wonderful worship together as a family and then came home and had a quick lunch and long naps. After naps we all had cake pops!


Why I haven't heard of cake pops until now is still a wonder. It is SO much easier for a young child to eat and easy for Mommy to clean up afterwards. It helps with portion control and it's just plain fun to eat just about anything on a stick. It was my first attempt at making them and I think I'll have to make a new batch for the celebration we have with family on Novemeber 5th. If your adventurous and want to try them out and get lots of good decorating ideas you should check out the Bakerella website here. It's where I got the idea for the Mickey Mouse shaped cake pop.




After cake pops, Micah picked out a movie of his choice and we sat in front of the TV and ate chicken nuggets, mac-n-cheese, broccoli and smoothies (more of Micah's favorites) as a special birthday dinner treat.


That night as Colin and I were reflecting on the joys of the day he said, "I've come to realize that my parents probably got more enjoyment on my birthday than I did growing up." SO TRUE! What a blessing to be able to celebrate LIFE! May we never take it for granted.

P.S. Micah has his two year check up on Thursday, so I'll be sure to post another blog with his stats then.

No comments: