Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Big Brother Present

As I've been getting ready for our baby girl I've been preparing the house and the boys for being taken care of by church family while Colin and I are at the hospital.

One of the ideas I had was to wrap a present for the boys and put it out ahead of time and tell them they can open it when Mommy and Daddy go to the hospital.

I didn't want to spend a ton of money, but I wanted it to be a cool enough present that they would be distracted by it while we were away from them for a very short while.

As you know from my previous post, my boys love GeoTrax. I was able to to find THREE tunnels/bridges for the price of one on ebay the other day. I plan on giving one of them as a future present to their cousin in Iowa who shares the same passion for trains, but these two are wrapped and waiting for the day I go to the hospital to give birth to our little girl.




I really want to celebrate the life of our new little girl, but I also want to celebrate this new phase in the boys' life. Micah becoming a big brother for the very first time and Jackson taking another sibling under his wing.





Colin and I have been stressing the importance of their roles as big brothers to take care of their little sister. They are the princes and she is the princess. I believe they are up for the challenge and I can't wait to see what that looks like in reality.

4 comments:

Living For Today said...

Cool...but I think it is funny that Micah is holding both the garbage truck and guitar he got at Christmas.

Living For Today said...

I think it is so funny that Micah is still holding on to both his guitar and garbage truck from Christmas.

Elder Family said...

Great idea, Noah might just get a little something wrapped up for him too! Thanks for sharing.

Deb said...

Awesome idea! You are such a wise woman and mom. Naughty grandma here couldn't help have the thought run through her head that the boys were sizing up the box wondering if Anora would fit in there. You know kids and boxes :)