Sunday, February 8, 2009

Every Good Gift Comes from God

I'm sitting here in tears as I have discovered the little ten month old girl (Cora) I mentioned a couple of blogs ago has gone to be with Jesus today. Here she is pictured with her family below.



What a sober reminder that God is in control of ALL things including when my children will leave this earth. To some that may be so scary and at times it is to me too. But I believe in a God whose being, wisdom, power, holiness, justice, goodness and truth are infinite, eternal and unchangeable. There isn't anyone or anything else that I would want in charge of my children's life and future including myself.

I have no idea why God chose to take that sweet little girl to heaven today, but I know that He has a reason and is somehow gaining glory.

It still hurts. I'M crying and I've only known the family through their blog. I cannot imagine what her parents are feeling right now. I'm praying that they are experiencing "the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, guard[ing] [their] hearts and [their] minds in Christ Jesus." Phil. 4:7

If you think of it, lift the McClenahan family up in your prayers today!


www.themcclenahans.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I am so sorry for their loss. Some things just will NOT make sense in this life. you are so right--we can trust in an all loving, all knowing Creator God.


Something I have noticed about life in BloggyLand...these people feel real and like part of our lives and we feel their joy and pain as if we knew them in real life but when something horrible happens..all we can do is comment. I cant scrub their bathroom, take a meal, come cry on their couch...it almost makes it harder.