Monday, November 10, 2008

Flying Solo

Well, today was the first day that I was by myself with my two sons. I set the bar low knowing that there would be some challenges. (Colin even took the car to work.) Overall it went surprisingly well. I was pleased with the fact that my bed got made, I showered and I kept the house fairly clean. I was most nervous about lunch time and nap time because I wasn't sure when Micah's feedings would fall. Micah slept while Jackson and I had lunch and Jackson was gracious enough to shorten our nap time routine so that his little brother could eat his lunch. I was also pleased that Jackson, Micah and I all got naps in at the same time. We're off to a good start (praise the LORD). I'll continue to pray for God's grace for the rest of the week.

4 comments:

I am Katy, said...

I'm glad to hear your first day alone went well. Synchronized naps are a great thing.

Jill said...

It sounds like you are doing GREAT!

Kathy said...

I was amazed at how fast you bounced back into life. It has been good to see you at church but I will continue praying for your rest and recovery. A toddler and newborn is HARD and there is some adjustment time. I have no doubt that you can do it but it is hard and YOU may wonder sometimes if you can do it. So glad that you all are napping--this is such a special time for you all.

andrea said...

yay...what a blessing! (this was your first day alone? how wonderful to have so much help!)