Thursday, April 23, 2009

Buckets of Fun!

We had two days of over 90 degree weather. Although I'm not complaining (if I did there may be a few of my family and friends from the Midwest that would jump on a plane and shake some sense into me), it's not fun when you live in a two story town home with no air conditioning. Fortunately we have a pool in our complex ... unfortunately I'm not very talented at taking a six month old and an almost three year old to a pool that is three feet or deeper by myself (I was a lifeguard for many of my teenage years and pools and kids still make me nervous), plus Micah was taking a nap and I couldn't bring myself to leave him in a hot car seat by the pool while we enjoyed the cool water. SO, I busted out some buckets and filled them with cold water for Jackson to play in. I let him splash around as much as he wanted to (in hindsight I should have put him in his swimsuit). Alas even this was too hot as the sun beats right on our patio during the day with no shade to protect us, so we finally went inside where I had the house shut up like a cave around 10am to keep it cool. It was fun to enjoy the summer weather, but I'm glad to have a little spring before anymore heat hits us. Jackson had a great time too!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Really really like the alst picture. Splashing is so much fun and it is hardly ever appropriate! I can't think of a better venue than buckets on cement--you can splash and splash and SEE the products of your efforts....Godd Job Mama!!!

Kim Doughan said...

Well, I need to brag a little bit. We've also had 2 days of 80-90 degree weather, it's been awesome!!!