Thursday, April 2, 2009

Our Trip to Disneyland

Colin is off of work for a week and a half. YA!! So, we took a road trip to my grandparents' house in southern California and made a day trip to Disneyland. I was a little nervous about taking a 2 1/2 year old and a 5 month old to Disneyland. I played out the worst possible scenario in my head ... we arrive at Disneyland and Jackson takes one look at Mickey Mouse and screams in terror and won't stop screaming until we get in the car to go back to my grandparents'. Luckily that is NOT what happened. Although I wouldn't necessarily recommend taking such young children to Disneyland (the chances of them remembering any of it is unlikely), we made some GREAT memories and this is probably the cheapest we'll EVER get to go to Disneyland so we went for it! I watched Jackson grow up before my eyes on this trip. Even though he talked about the "bad guys" the entire drive from my grandparents' house to Disneyland and what he would do if he saw one, he didn't show an ounce of fear the entire time we were there. He got to see a street show with all of the Disney characters while eating a Mickey Mouse ice cream bar (you'll see the evidence of that on his shirt in some of the pictures posted). He went on King Arthur's Carousel, The Dumbo Ride, It's A Small World (of course) and visited almost all of Toontown. My grandpa came along too and it was wonderful to spend some quality time with him as well. We ended the day at 4pm when Jackson fell asleep watching the parade despite my yelling, "Jackson look, it's Mickey!" After Disneyland we headed to my sister and brother-in-law's apartment in San Pedro and enjoyed a nice supper at Macaroni Grill to celebrate her 28th birthday and their one year wedding anniversary. Jackson ate a ton of sugar and got only a one hour nap (probably closer to 45 minutes) and didn't get to bed until 10pm that night. I was AMAZED at how he didn't melt down at the end of the night even though he was one tired little boy. He's growing up so fast. Jackson hasn't stopped talking about how Mickey blew him a kiss since we've come home. Toontown King Arthur's Carousel Even Micah enjoyed "It's a Small World" Jackson "driving" Mickey's car at Mickey's house. Jackson had a GREAT time bonding with his Great-Grandpa Kohlenburg Here's a few pictures taken at my grandparents' house.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

You guys are so great! It does sound like a lot to go to Disneyland that young BUT what a great day and great memories. Your little guys are really seeing CA right :)What a great trip!

Jackson is growing so fast!

I never get a chance to talk to you at church! Not in this life season anyway :)