Friday, October 3, 2008

My Life in a Nutshell

The "About Me" sections of profiles always stump me ... What defines me?

Well, Jesus Christ is my LORD and Savior (if you don't know what that means, feel free to ask me).

I am number 4 of 8 children (including my two half sisters). Although, I tend to have the personality of the oldest child since I am the oldest girl.

I grew up in the midwest (Milwaukee to be exact) and lived there my whole life until this year when we moved to Santa Maria, California for a one year program my husband is working on with his job.

I've been involved in the arts in one way or another since I was in four-year-old kindergarten. I started out with a focus in dance, but in middle school switched to theater and vocal performance.

After attending public arts schools from 4K through high school graduation I was anxious to attend a small private Christian liberal arts college in a small midwest town. (I have to admit that I had a little bit of culture shock my first year there, but it grew on me.)

I met my husband at college through the theatre department there (although he actually got his degree in business). I got my degree in theatre and after we got married we moved to Omaha, Nebraska. I never thought that's where I'd end up since we had no friends or relatives at the time that we moved there, but after about 6 years it has become our home.

After we moved to Omaha I got a job at a daycare for about a year and a half and then I worked at a bank for another year and a half or so.

When my son was born in June of 2006, I decided to stay home and take care of him. I have never even had a twitch of desire to go back to work since then.

So, after 2 1/2 years of being a mommy to one son, we are expecting our second son at the end of this month. I'm hoping to use this blog to chronicle some of the adventures of being a mommy to two special little boys, a wife to one wonderful man and a servant the the most amazing and sovereign God.

No comments: