Saturday, October 4, 2008

Wondering


Lately I've been wondering what this little guy inside of me will be like. Even though I have one boy already I have this feeling that they are going to be total opposites. Already my pregnancies have been different.

While pregnant with Jackson I craved fruits and veggies and was almost turned off of sweets (until the very end of the pregnancy). However, I gained around 35 lbs. This time around my cravings have been carbs and junk food (I couldn't get enough pancakes in the middle of my pregnancy) and I've only gained 25 lbs so far. (I guess there's still four weeks to catch up ... YIKES ... let's pray that doesn't happen.)

I think most of my weight gain with Jackson was due to water retention ... I was very swollen especially towards the end of the pregnancy. I'm just starting to have swelling now ... I guess it helps that I don't have to sit at an office desk all day.

Anyway, Jackson is an even tempered boy and pretty predictable. He was never a climber or active baby even when he was inside of me. He's always been early to bed and early to rise even while I was pregnant. He thrives on routine and is extremely rational even during his worst tantrums. He LOVES reading and is very verbose for his age. He's not super strong willed, but when he makes up his mind to do something he'll do it (like potty training at 20 months). He's not super cuddly, but every once in awhile you might catch him saying, "Mommy I need you. I need to cuddle for a little bit." He can play both by himself, but he prefers to be at least in the same room with others. He's so inquisitive and makes connections that I would have never imagined he'd make (I'll have to post those stories some time.).

All this to say ... I'm wondering what this next little boy will be like. Already this one moves A LOT more than Jackson did and it's mostly late at night or in the wee hours of the morning. Sometimes when I lay on my right side at night he'll kick or push on me enough to make me roll over. I wonder if that's a bad sign. I wonder how the two boys will balance each other out.

Of course, there's no real way to know what this baby will be like until he's here. Either way I love him. Only a few short weeks and we'll find out if all my wondering was right or if I'm completely surprised.


No comments: