Monday, December 1, 2008

Week 5


Week 5: My sisters were here for Thanksgiving!

My Recovery: I LOVED being able to get out of the house WITHOUT kids and have some sister time. My sisters and I went out to eat one night and then we had a photo shoot with Jill another night (I'll post some pictures). It was SO much fun to goof around with them! I spotted all week with light bleeding and even had several days at the end of the week with no bleeding at all, but it's still not done yet.

I STILL need those naps and when I don't get them night time feedings are a bear!! On Saturday I worked out for the first time in a LONG time (I walked for about 30mins and lifted weights). It felt good, but I still have to pace myself.

I still have bathroom "issues," but I don't want to increase my stool softeners because they affect Micah's diapers. I just have to be patient and drink LOTS of water and eat lots of fiber filled foods.

Micah: GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!

He's doing well at night (usually averaging between 4 and 5 hours between feedings). During the day he's eating about every 2 1/2 to 3 1/2hours. HOWEVER, daytime naps are really sporadic and unpredictable in length. I thought we were doing so well with the eat/awake/sleep cycles, but this week he has seemed to really regress. He'll skip a sleep cycle (crying off and on throughout the whole thing UNLESS I hold him the whole time) and then when I feed him he falls asleep because he's so tired and then he won't get a full feeding because he's so tired and sometimes as a result he won't make it 3 hours betwen feedings!!! He cannot put himself to sleep yet!! I've let him cry it out a couple of times,(about 10 mins - usually after 9 mins he calms down by himself for about 5 min and then starts to cry again) but it hasn't broken the cycle yet. ARGH!!! I know I just need to be patient, but it's really hard to give this the attention that it needs when I have a two-year-old demanding my attention as well.

Micah had his one month check up this week as well. He weighed 11lbs and is in the 85% for weight, 80% for height and 50% for his head. The doctor looked at his circumcision and said that the swelling I see is normal and should go away on its own. He got a follow up Hep B shot (which he handled very well) and the doctor reassured me that there shouldn't be any major differences in the immunizations he'll get here compared to what he would in Omaha (peace of mind for me).

Jackson: He had a great week with his Aunts. We made cookies, we went to the library, etc. Monday was a rough day for Jackson, he had several spankings for being disobedient, woke up in the middle of his nap and had a hard time going to bed that night. I wonder if it's because Sarah came and the last time she came to our house was when Micah was born and Colin and I had to be away from Jackson. After Jackson caught on that we weren't going anywhere he had an easy week.

Oh yeah ... I also introduced the "nursing toys" to Jackson (a basket of toys played with only while I nurse Micah). I tried to pick toys that I didn't have to help Jackson with, so it consists of a read along CD book of Finding Nemo, Pixar's Car magnet set and a View-Master (we've only got one reel right now, but I think Jackson could handle a few more). So far it's working out well, we did have to have a talk about not crying when Micah is done nursing otherwise we won't get to play with the special nursing toys. Now Jackson asks, "Momma, when is Micah going to eat?" WAY better than him misbehaving and climbing all over me while I nurse! We'll see if the novelty wears off or not.

No comments: