Tuesday, January 13, 2009

"3am Thoughts"

I've noticed over the last three months that I have had some pretty profound thoughts when I'm up feeding and taking care of my son at 3 o'clock in the morning.

Perhaps they're really lame thoughts and I just think they're really profound because it's three in the morning and I'm a little sleep deprived, but I've talked about them with my husband the next day and he seems to agree that they are profound.

Some of my "3am Thoughts" include how to better myself, how to better a community I'm a part of, how to rearrange my home, ideas for blogs, etc.

Then I started wondering how many other parents out there have profound "3am Thoughts." We should collect them and write a book. Maybe we'd find a cure for cancer or end world hunger?! Who knows!

I'd love to hear your "3am Thoughts."

4 comments:

andrea said...

When Brielle was about the age that I really wanted her to sleep through the night, but was too softhearted to let her cry for very long, I was getting really discouraged. and I decided to dedicate the time I was up with her to praying very specifically for a couple I knew that was waiting to adopt a baby, and wishing every night they HAD a baby to get up with. It drastically changed my perspective, and turned into one of my favorite times of the day.(and right when Brielle started sleeping through the night consistantly, they got a sweet little baby boy.) :)

I am Katy, said...

I usually brainstorm for home improvement project when I'm up at night feeding the baby.

Ryan and Katie said...

I don't have these moments yet. It's a quick run to the bathroom and jump back in bed. :) I'll let you know in a few weeks!

Corinne Doughan said...

Katie~ It's amazing how even the 3am potty trips prepare you for the 3am feedings in some way. I look forward to hearing your 3am thoughts.