Friday, January 16, 2009

Black Book Story

Jackson (2 1/2 years old) and I were praying for our lunch the other day. We've been encouraging Jackson to say a prayer, but often times at meals he has a hard time not eating a bite or two before he prays. This particular day he was having a peanut butter sandwich and before we prayed he began to take it apart. I quickly reminded him that we needed to pray before we eat and also encouraged him to not take apart his sandwich as it would make a mess of his hands. His prayer went something like this:

Dear Jesus,
Thank you for Mommy and apples and carrots and thank you that I didn't get peanut butter on my hands.
Amen

2 comments:

I am Katy, said...

So sweet. The boys sure look a lot alike in the new pics on your side bar.

Anonymous said...

I wish Lilly cared if she got messy when she ate. She's really into destroying all her food before it goes into her mouth, and it sure does make a huge mess. We're trying to work with her on this.