Friday, May 29, 2009

Haircuts

As some of you may have noticed, Micah has CRAZY hair! He has had crazy hair since he was born. I had people asking me when I was going to give him his first haircut when he was only 4 months old.

I probably could have given him a haircut that young, but I am a little nervous when it comes to cutting hair. I'm almost positive I traumatized Jackson when I cut his hair around 13 months old (NOT his first hair cut either). It was so traumatic that I won't even retell the story (okay it wasn't THAT bad), but here's a before and after picture ... yeah ... I'm glad it was summer. Jackson BEFORE
Jackson AFTER: It's no wonder this kid doesn't like me coming near him with clippers!


Jackson is just now getting better about having his haircut (I've have definitely resorted to lots of bribery to get him to sit still). So, needless to say, I was hesitant to cut Micah's hair. However, it was getting a little out of control even for me. So, I bit the bullet and cut his hair today. He did great!

Here are the before and after pictures. I'm not sure if you can see a difference, but I did actually cut more than your normal lock of hair off for his first cut. I think it makes him look older, don't you? Micah BEFORE Micah BEFORE: Like that nice little tail there and the hair in his ears?
Micah AFTER


Here's all of the hair I bravely cut off! I couldn't bring myself to cut off his comb-over in the back of his head quite yet. I think I'll wait until his bald spot grows in a little more.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I can't help but laugh out loud everytime i see that picture of jackson after his traumatic hair cut! I'll never forget you coming to worship practice telling me what happened! Good job with Micah by the way, the first hair cut is a little nerve racking.