Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Library Cooking

I KNOW I just posted a blog with baking in it, but we had so much fun doing this I thought I'd post it anyway.

We LOVE going to the library regularly and every once in awhile we'll get a book that has a recipe at the end. This week we got "Wild Boars Cook" by Meg Rosoff and Illustrated by Sophie Blackall and there's a Massive Cookie recipe at the end, so we decided to make it.



















Cooking with Jackson has been a GREAT way to teach him the importance of following instructions and it's just plain FUN!

However, between the cupcakes and the massive cookie I could get myself into some major caloric trouble!!!

Here are a few other books that we've read that have recipes at the end. We didn't make all of the recipes, but I still hope you enjoy the books as much as we did!




1 comment:

Kathy said...

Those are such great pictures! You are soo ambitious!

I have been (very slowly) compiling a recipe binder. I use 8x10 acid free paper and attach a recipe and a picture (of the final product or my kids making it) These pictures of Jackson would work well for something like that :) Or even framed together in your kitchen...You don't need MY help with ideas for things to do though :)