Friday, August 14, 2009

Eating on the Go!



I'm sure I'm not the only Mom who makes meals intended to be eaten in the car or in a stroller. Often times, when I do, I struggle with how to make it a nutritious meal without having a million different baggies of veggies and fruit. So, I thought I'd share what we did for our meal on the go today:

Ingredients:

1 flour tortilla
1 Tbs. peanut butter (although I think cream cheese could work too if there are allergy concerns)
shredded carrots
raisins

Warm the tortilla in the microwave for about 30 seconds. Spread peanut butter on one half to 2/3 of the tortilla and put desired amount of raisins and shredded carrots on top of the peanut butter. Roll up like a burrito and serve immediately.

FYI: I actually ate one of these myself and it was really good. Jackson loved it and as long as you don't stuff it too full it doesn't make a mess at all.

2 comments:

Reed Family said...

That's a great idea. Thanks for sharing. :)

Meg said...

Hi Corinne,
I'm not sure if you will even know who I am, but I wanted to write quickly and say thank you. I am Meghan (Jalving) Baker--and I graduated from Northwestern in 2004-- my husband is Gavin Baker (graduated in 2006--knows Vaughn and Becky pretty well). I remeber you and Collin (one l or 2?--sorry) always doing devotions in the Caf in the mornings :). Anyways, I stumbled onto your blog from Andrea Hydeen's (wow, this is starting to sound awkwardly stalker-ish, but I'm not, I promise), and it truly has been providencial. I just gave birth to our first child, a daughter, Ella Reese, on July 22, and have been trying to figure out what to 'schedule,' what is 'normal,' and what to expect. I was and am delinquent about pursuing books and such, just because I will never actually follow through reading them, and have very few close friends with children, and I found reading your blogs about Micah's first weeks so helpful. Thanks for being a wonderful mom and helping me figure out some of these first legs of my journey. Your family is beautiful. You are a blessing. Thank you.
Meg
meghan.jalving@gmail.com